You have set your writing goals. You have the topics ready for your blog.
Still, did you miss your writing schedule? Did you get busy with some other activities in your life and couldn’t write?
It happened to me:-(
When I took Blogging101 course, I had the following writing goals:
1. Write 3 posts every week.
2. Spend one hour each week to read others’ blogs.
3. Create an editorial calendar for the coming month.
I followed them diligently for 1 month and then, slipped into lethargy:-(
Today, the first day in Blogging 201, I realized I should get back to my writing goals.
I came up with a few suggestions to myself and to all those have trouble sticking with their writing schedules.
Here they are:
- Join a writing course: By enrolling in a course, you will get deadlines. Blogging 201 is one such course. I know that I have to complete an assignment by the end of the day. So I try hard to accommodate some time every day to work on the assignment
- Treat your readers as your friends: When someone is following your blog, it’s an indication that they are waiting to hear from you. You don’t want to keep your friends waiting! Do you?
- Write at a specific time every day: Set aside a specific time to write and make sure that you don’t have any other appointments at that time. It’s best to write either early in the morning or late at night to avoid any interference with the schedule.
I hope I will be back on track with these self-affirmations and I wish these tips will be useful to you as well.
Do you have any strategies for writing daily? What do you do when you miss your writing schedule?