Wow! I was delighted when fellow blogger “Wandering soul” nominated me for Liebster Award. This is the first award that I received after I started blogging regularly. I came to know that ‘liebster’ is a german word which means beloved/dearest/sweetheart. I am not sure who started these awards , but I think this is a good way to recognise and appreciate each other in this blogosphere. I am happy to be part of this wonderful encouraging community.
The blogger of “Wandering soul” who nominated me is a vivacious lady who is fond of reading, travelling and photography. Her vibrant blog is filled with her travel tips and amazing photos that she had taken during her trips. When she nominated me for this award, she asked me to answer the following questions. Here is my response in line with the questions.
1.What references or resources do you use to improve your writing?
Highly acclaimed author,Stephen King suggests “Read, read, read. ”If you don’t have time to read, you don’t have the time (or the tools) to write.” Therefore, I read a lot: Fiction, nonfiction, English grammar books, books on the art of writing.
2. What made you start blogging, as against just maintaining a private journal/diary?
A few years back, when I joined toastmasters club (A non profit organisation for improving public speaking skills), I started giving speeches to practise my oratory skills. I received a lot of appreciation from the audience for the positive thoughts in my speeches. I wanted to share my thoughts with a wider community. That’s when I started blogging.
3. Which is your favourite book and why?
My favorite books are: “Fountain head” and “Atlas Shrugged”, both written by Ayn Rand. I am awestruck by how Ayn rand incorporated philosophy in fiction novels.I dream of writing such books.
4. What is most cherished childhood memory?
Haha! It may seem weird, but somehow, I can vividly recollect only one memory from my childhood- I, sitting in a corner and reading a book .
5. Who or what has been the biggest influencing factor in your life?
My mom. She has been my best friend and the biggest influence in my life.
6. What do you aim to achieve from your blog?
As the name of my blog “Recharge your day” says, if the readers of my blog feel refreshed after reading my posts, then I’ll feel that my blog has achieved it’s purpose.
Thank you “Wandering soul” for helping me share my thoughts through your questions.
I now nominate the following bloggers for Liebster award. I enjoy reading their blogs and I hope you too will.
My Questions –
- How do you get the motivation to blog regularly?
- What is one thing that you like the most about blogging?
- Approximately how many hours do you spend on blogging daily?
- What do you aim to achieve from your blog?
- Based on your experience, what advice do you give to a budding blogger?
- Once you are nominated, make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
- Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
- Nominate 5 -10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
- Lastly, COPY these rules in the post.
Thanks once again to my readers and “Wandering Soul” for your encouragement.